The merchant banking model combines the capital raising and M&A advisory services of an investment bank with the ability to invest like a private equity fund in client companies. Over the last five years, Middlemarch Partners has raised up to $735 million dollars for fast growing financial services companies from leading private equity firms, hedge funds, debt funds, family offices, and strategic investors.
As a merchant bank, Middlemarch co-invests alongside leading institutional investors and seeks opportunities to add strategic value beyond our investment dollars in business development, strategic planning, and capital planning.
A differentiated merchant banking approach is how we serve our clients:
- Partnership approach rather than agent oriented perspective
- Co-investment allows greater engagement of both client and lead investors
- Understanding client and investor perspectives facilitates deal negotiation and problem solving
- Deep industry and operational experience fosters an ownership approach to regulatory, human capital, and strategic issues
- Board participation provides opportunity to support clients beyond transaction